EDUCATION AND INTERNSHIP
1997 – 1998 INTERNSHIP
Completed 2000 hours at Charter Behavioral Health Systems in Plano, Texas, an acute care facility for children, adolescents, and adults.
- Adult Psychiatric Unit – facilitated multiple in-patient and out-patient groups including process, life skills, anger management, stress management, and multi-family support groups. Individual trauma work with longer term patients, genograms with families and individuals. Expanded adult psychiatric after care group from 2 participants to 15-20 regularly attending group members. Worked with patients who had depression, bi-polar disorder, dissociative disorders, schizophrenia and psychotic disorders.
- Recovery Services – facilitated process and recovery fundamental groups for adults and adolescents with chemical dependency issues.
- Youth Services – Case Manager and therapist for adolescents and their families. Facilitated adolescent, multifamily and after care groups; individual and family therapy.
1995 – 1997 AMBER UNIVERSITY
Masters of Arts in counseling
Spring 1997, GPA 3.94
- Practicum Experiences –Completed 300 hours at residential treatment center for adolescents. Participated in family, individual, group process and psychodrama and didactic therapy. Actively involved in treatment team and admissions. Developed and implemented Life Skills curriculum for this RTC.
1992 – 1994 UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS
Bachelors of Science in Counseling Education
GPA 3.90 – Golden Key National Honor Society
- Admission to the counseling associate studies program is selective based upon academic performance during the first 60 hours of college course work and letters of recommendation. The program requires 24 hours in counseling associate studies, six of which are allocated to supervision in field training. My training was at Dallas Counseling and Recovery Services with Marilyn O’Hara, L.P.C. supervising.
1967 – 1971 STEPHENS COLLEGE – Columbia, Missouri (30 Hours)
TEXAS CHRISTIAN UNIVERSITY – Fort Worth, Texas (70 Hours)
Miss Fort Worth 1969
Miss Texas Finalist
Official Judge and Consultant for Miss America preliminary pageants
Golden Key National Honor Society
The Gama Beta Phi Society
1998 – Present LICENSED PROFESSIONAL COUNSELOR BY STATE OF TEXAS
Private Practice working with adolescents, families and adults
1990 – 1993 TOTAL IMAGE
Conducted self-esteem classes for teenagers. Six hundred girls between the ages of 9-16 have completed the sessions designed to create self awareness and self-esteem.
1987 – 1990 BOB MADER PHOTOGRAPHY
Director of Development, Responsible for promotions, celebrity photographs, benefit auctions, 75th anniversary of Hockaday, Commemorative Program – book of photographs of families and alumnae.
1980 – 1984 TOTAL IMAGE
Designed, developed, and conducted self-esteem classes and seminars for teenagers, women and professional groups. Contracted with Neiman Marcus organization to facilitate sessions and host graduations.
1975 – 1979 SOUTHWEST AIRLINES
Flight Attendant Supervisor, Flight Attendant. As Supervisor, responsible for hiring, training, and supervising 300 flight attendants.
1978 – 1989 MOTHER / WIFE / HOMEMAKER / VOLUNTEER
- Priority has been raising two daughters who were born in 1980 and 1984.
- The Hockaday School – Parents Club Board (Co-Chairman of 75th Anniversary Commemorative Program). Pre-school Class Representative
- Swiss Avenue Counseling Center – Board of Directors Chairman of annual fund raiser (1986) – raised $140,000.00 Chairman of Premiere of Martin Jarow’s Papa was a Preacher (1986) – raised $30,000
- Lovers Lane United Methodist Church – Board of Administration
- Parkland Burn Center Fund Raiser, Co-Chairman – Chance Ticket Sales